Monday, November 2, 2009

The End of an Era. . . .

Dave and I are in the process of finalizing our wedding album design with our photographers, and I have to say it's been bittersweet.

Going through the photos we chose for the album, I find myself tearing up as all the emotions from that day come rushing back.  Our photographers did an amazing job capturing our day, and being able to see our wedding from  the 'after' perspective is nothing short of incredible.

I'm also a little sad too, because once this album is done it truly is the end to what has been an incredible experience; the final task signalling that our time as bride and groom have come to an end.   I enjoyed planning our wedding so very much; the year we spent looking at photographers, and venues, and dresses, and decor. . .it went by so fast and I'll admit it was difficult at first to move past it once the wedding was over.  In the final days leading up to the wedding I was on another planet, so very very happy yet in complete denial that we were there.

I have to say though,  knowing that life isn't about flowers and programs and fonts and veils, that above all I love being married.  I can't be too sad that our wedding is now a memory, because it means that I have a wonderful and amazing husband to spend the rest of my life with, and for that I feel so lucky and blessed.

This is not the final product, but darn close if you want to take a look.  Our album is going to be printed on thick pages in a square leather-bound cover.

http://www.sharberphoto.com/darkroom/share/?n=Chris_and_Dave_

3 comments:

  1. I was bawling through our final selections yesterday too. lol It's amazing how all those feelings come back!! I never had that "sad" moment after it was all over though. I was genuinely relieved to have it over and DONE, but I think my wedding planning was a bit more stressful than average. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness yeah I'll bet yours was stressful doing it overseas! But you did such an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics! I feel the same way as I start to make our wedding albums for parents christmas gifts. I was so lost after the wedding. we had been planning for almost two years, and so we had no idea what to do with ourselves when it was over, then I lost my job, we were broke, it was just so hard. Then things started picking up. And looking back on the happiest day of our lives, I get incredibly emotional, but so happy that we were strong enough to pull through the struggles that happened after the wedding, and grateful that we can sit back and relax now!

    ReplyDelete