Thursday, November 19, 2009

Spoiling My Pregnant Friend. . . .

My maid of honor told me last Friday that she is pregnant, and I am so excited that I could PEE.  Her and her husband have been trying for over a year and I guess it was finally in the cards for them.  In any case, I kind of knew the day she got pregnant; I had a feeling when she told me that they had 'done the deed' and sure enough, 6 weeks later she had a positive test.

Me being the sneaky friend that I am, went and bought her a congratulatory card.  At lunch when she told me the news I whipped it out and said 'I knew it!'  I have a great feeling that this is not only a sticky baby, but also a girl. . . .I tend to be very intuitive and hope that my esp is correct on this one again.

She doesn't read my blog yet, so I can post this!  Tomorrow we're getting together to watch a documentary called 'The Business of Being Born', which pretty much sums up both of our thoughts on todays maternity health care.  Here is the trailer if you are interested: http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/trailer.php

We plan on wearing slippers and pajamas, and feeling so lucky in having a friend like her for our wedding and in my life I HAVE to spoil her.  She has not been feeling well and morning sickness is definitely getting the best of her, so I've put together a 'spoil the pregnant lady' package.  I bought everything at Target, yay Target!

Included:




This adorable and oh-so comfy sleepwear that will accommodate her growing belly to some extent. . .I hope!

$3.49 on clearance















I couldn't resist getting this adorable newborn outfit. . .her and her husband LOVE bunny rabbits.

Granted, I'm relying on intuition here that it's a girl. . . .

$2.49 on clearance










Excuse the goofy focus. . .I'm using Dave's camera for this.

Burt's Bees Belly Balm for growing bumps!  It's all natural too!

$9.99






Cute socks just for fun!

$.50 each


Chocolate for cravings!

$1.99



The 'I'm in my first trimester leave me alone' care package to take to work

Colgate mini-toothbrushes for after-the-morning sickness freshness
$1.98

Tums for rotten tummy aches and gas
$1.49

Hand Sanitizer gel to ward of germs!  $.99








And last but not least. . .organic flat bread crackers to snack on during the day and keep mom from loosing her lunch and to keep the little bean satisfied.


I'll post my review of the film after we watch it tomorrow night. . . .

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are a really great friend! I love everything you got and I hope you are right about the baby being a girl because that outfit is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your friend! You are such a sweetheart to do all that for her!

    ReplyDelete