Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Another Home

Dave and I have been stalking www.Zillow.com for homes in our area in our price range, and let me just say it's no easy feat.  Our area is somewhat upscale because of it's location, so property values are somewhat on the high side.

Our previous home-love was the one in this post, 'We Can Dream, Right?' and our fingers are tightly crossed that it is still a possibility.

We did find this one, however. . .and while I like it it just doesn't give me the same 'wow' feeling.  But, it's on the right track.


It's got a huge lawn, which is actually not something that we want.  Grass in Colorado is almost impossible to keep well; it's not native and it's a ton of work.  We prefer a much more natural and woodsy look.


It has great views, although NOTHING beats the views from house #1


The kitchen is pretty. . .but it's WAY too small.  I love to cook, and if we plan on living in a home for eternity the kitchen tops my priority list.  This kitchen doesn't do it for me.  Maybe I'm yuppy, maybe I'm spoiled. . .but our current kitchen (about the same size) makes me CRAZY.  We love to entertain and this is not conducive to doing that either.


These stairs and the French doors on the office are DEFINITELY our style - gorgeous!


And the bathroom?  That pumpkin color on the wall and stone tile are to die for. . . .


The living room is nice and open.

Unfortunately, I'm still so stuck on the previous home that this second one, while beautiful and clean, isn't really turning me on.  Part of the appeal of home #1 is that it needs work and we can truly make it our own with some new paint.  It's like a blank slate.  This home is already warm and cozy - it's gorgeous, but I don't see it as a great place to entertain either.

Bah. . .

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that house! I wish that made 'em like that here! I think the way the kitchen opens straight into the living room actually makes it the perfect place to entertain, but maybe that's just me? I know it may not be your dream, but it's undeniably pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe - oh yes it's very pretty - we do like the open kitchen to the dining/living area - but something just isn't 'love' about it :)
    How are homes in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete